Am I a good candidate for LASIK?
LASIK is a surgical procedure that reshapes your cornea to improve your eyesight and lessen your dependency on contacts or glasses.
In my ophthalmology practice, I consider LASIK one of the most rewarding refractive surgery procedures because it offers patients not only improved vision but an improved lifestyle. Patients are amazed at how a simple and quick LASIK procedure can provide clearer vision than they have enjoyed in years or even decades.
If you are wondering whether you are a good candidate for LASIK, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are my eyes fully developed (usually this means you are 18 years or older)?
- Do I have realistic expectations about what the procedure can and can’t do?
- Have I had stable vision for a year prior to the surgery?
- Am I in generally good health?
- Do I have the proper type and degree of refractive error (nearsightedness, astigmatism, farsightedness, etc.)
- Am I tired of wearing and maintaining my contact lenses or glasses?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, then surgery might be a good option for you. Please contact Western Laser Eye Associates for more information about what surgery can do for you and to schedule a free consultation.